Neil Darwin is our Managing Director and Chief Economist and has over 20 years working in economic development across public, private and government sectors. Neil’s experience has been gained in complex, multiple stakeholder environments across the UK and working with partners across Europe. He has experience of leading projects with partners across all continents. With particular expertise in:
- leading and managing broad services, including refocusing organisations and success in delivering new strategic plans
- sourcing funding for both individual businesses and for public sector infrastructure;
- strategy design and managing delivery in complex public-private sector environments
- ensuring high quality outcome-focused delivery
- supporting business growth and attracting inward investment
Before joining Deyton Bell, Neil completed a successful period as the Chief Executive of the Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Local Enterprise Partnership. Prior to this Neil has held a number of Economic Development roles across public and private sectors. Neil has a strong reputation across public, private and government sectors and is known for his strategic thinking and ability to convert this into high quality delivery. His is able to work effectively with all sectors and is able to develop meaningful collaborations for the benefit of new and existing clients. Away from the office, Neil can be found watching non-league football, and when he can face it he resumes his lifelong loyalty to Ipswich Town. Neil also enjoys attending obscure music gigs and has an extensive knowledge of the Indie genre. He also spends considerable time ferrying two teenagers around.